Dundalk Grammar School

Dundalk Grammar School

The existing Dundalk Grammar School was established in 1739, and moved to its current location in 1817 and like many schools of this age it contained a collection of buildings of varying ages and qualities, arranged in a largely haphazard pattern.

Designed by TODD Architects, the new c€6.0m project comprised demolition of a number of older buildings on site, whilst retaining the main school building which is a protected structure, and the construction of an extension to same including a new standalone multipurpose hall and caretaker facilities extending to circa 4867m2 of new works.

MJP were engaged by TODD Architects to provide all fire safety and access consultancy services related to the obtaining of all statutory approvals.

Dundalk Grammar School