The Grangegorman Development Agency (GDA) is a statutory agency established in 2006 by the Irish Government to redevelop the former St. Brendan’s Hospital grounds in Dublin city centre. The GDA plans to create and implement a complex, multi-phased development that provides:
- a high quality precinct with physical linkages to Smithfield, Phibsborough, Prussia Street and the City Centre
- new health care facilities for the Health Services Executive (HSE)
- a new urban campus for Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), bringing together all students and staff into one location
- new arts, cultural, recreational and public spaces to serve the community and the city
- a primary school, public library and children’s play spaces, and
- complementary mixed-use development
Following a rigorous competitive process MJP were appointed for a 4 year period to provide fire safety engineering advice to GDA during the design and development of the new campus.