MJP has established itself at the forefront of fire engineering in Ireland in the application of prescriptive and performance based fire engineering design to both public and private clients.
It has achieved this through:
- knowledge of both national and international prescriptive based guidance and regulations
- the embracement of advanced fire engineering modelling – modelling of fire growth, smoke movement, structural response and occupant behaviour – to deliver innovative and cost efficient solutions
- an ongoing commitment to the provision of a cost effective and prompt service to its Clients
- adopting a proactive approach to service delivery from project inception through to building occupation.
Our range of services include inter alia;
- Pre planning Building Regulations Fire Safety Compliance assessment and technical submissions to accompany planning applications.
- Preparation of technical submissions (fire strategy reports and supporting drawings) to Local Authority Fire Departments under the various fire, health and safety and planning legislation including Building Control and Fire Services Acts.
- Provision of expert advice in relation to the application and interpretation of the Building Control & Fire Safety legislation.
- Development of fire engineering design solutions using state of the art software, and design from 1st principles for a range of complex design scenarios, including:
- People movement and evacuation modelling
- Fire growth and development, design calculations and modelling
- Smoke & heat exhaust ventilation systems design, inclusive of smoke control designs incorporating time to fill analysis, and tenability analysis
- Structural fire engineering design
- Fire safety audits of existing buildings; and preparation of audit reports and specifications and drawings of fire safety improvement works.
- Preparation of specifications, drawings and contract documents and supervision of fire safety works.
- Fire safety risk assessments.
- Monitoring and witnessing on-site fire safety provisions; both passive and active fire safety systems.
- Certification of compliance with Fire Safety legislation.
- Pub License renewal service, including expert opinion in relation to Special Exemption Orders.