MJP have provided Expert Witness/Advice services in relation to various legal as quasi legal proceedings including :
- Contractual disputes which have gone to Arbitration, Mediation or Conciliation
- Liability proceedings in relation to defective buildings
- Statutory Enforcement proceedings under the Fire Services Act 1981-2003 and under the Building Control Act
- Disputes in relation to neighbouring properties and boundary conditions
- Oral Hearings of An Bord Pleanala in relation to fire safety considerations which may impact on planning consent
MJP bring to these appointments a vast range of experience – both technical expertise and practical experience in the delivery of fire safe buildings. MJP also has an impeccable reputation in industry and is therefore is ideally placed to provide this type of service.
The Directors in MJP have both the fire engineering credentials and the necessary experience to provide balanced and technically robust advice in relation to these matters.
In addition, Maurice Johnson is appointed as Expert Advisors/Inspectors to An Bord Pleanala in relation to appeals concerning Fire Safety Certificate decisions i.e. refusals or conditions.